Fireworks are often the highlight of Fourth of July festivities and other events. However, many people do not realize how dangerous fireworks can be. Safety measures should be taken to ensure an accident and injury-free environment.
Did you know?
Sparklers, fountains, and parachutes can be considered mild fireworks. They are fun for children, but caution must be exercised when celebrating. These fireworks can get hot enough to burn through clothing.
Firework Safety Tips
- Read & follow the safety instructions and warnings provided on packaging.
- Do not make or combine fireworks.
- Only light fireworks outdoors in an open space.
- Do not drink alcohol when lighting fireworks.
- Observers should be kept at a safe distance away from lit fireworks.
- Always have a hose or water near by.
- Do not relight fireworks if they do not go off.
- Before throwing fireworks away, soak all of the debris in water.
© 2019 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved