- Medicare Part D imposes disclosure requirements on employers with group health plans that provide prescription drug coverage to Medicare-eligible individuals.
- Plan sponsors must provide the annual Medicare Part D creditable coverage disclosure notices to individuals before Oct. 15, 2020.
- Model notices are available for employers to use.
Timing of Notices
At a minimum, creditable coverage disclosure notices must be provided at the following times:
- Prior to the Medicare Part D annual coordinated election period—beginning Oct. 15
through Dec. 7 of each year
- Prior to an individual’s initial enrollment period for Part D
- Prior to the effective date of coverage for any Medicare-eligible individual who joins
- Whenever prescription drug coverage ends or changes so that it is no longer creditable
or becomes creditable
- Upon a beneficiary’s request
© 2014-2020 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.
© 2016 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved