Open enrollment following the COVID-19 pandemic will be unlike any other in recent memory.
For plan years beginning in 2021, the ACA affordability contribution percentages increased slightly to:
- 9.83% under the pay or play rules
- 9.83% under the premium tax
credit eligibility rules
- 8.27% under an exemption from
the individual mandate
- The slight increase in percentages from 2020 may provide some employers with greater flexibility when setting employee contributions for 2021 plans.
- The updated affordability percentages are effective for taxable plan years beginning Jan. 1, 2021.
Employers Next Steps:
- Employers should talk to stakeholders early and prepare to answer any employee questions.
- Let employees know exactly how they will be enrolling, when enrollment is happening and where they can find help.
Contact us at Brown & Brown Gulf States to discuss an open enrollment process that meets the unique needs of your organization!
© 2020 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.
© 2016 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved